SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 12-08-2012, 10:57 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Venice is HOT!

Called my wife to let her know I was heading in. She asked how I did and I answered "If I did any better I would be going to jail."

We had to wait till after 9:00 just to have this much visability in the marina. We headed out hugging the bank slowly and going around others that were anchoring along the river bank and fishing hoping the fog would lift a little more.

Our first stop was where we left them biting yesterday evening. This was morning and things changed. The trout were small and mostly throw backs but we did not want to move further because of the thick fog in the mississippi itself. The river has a lot of big boat traffic and at this time hundreds of small fishing and work boats to watch out for. We hit Grand pass, the jump, a few spots along the river, and the diversion just picking away. About 11:00 the fog had almost lifted so we could cross the river safely.

By this time we had about 18 specks and 2 white trout in the box but we were constantly throwing back small fish. We eased our way across the river and into another spot that has several good places to fish. First 2 were a waste of time but the next was lock and load for the meat haul.

The white trout were thick and good sized. I was dropping to the bottom and lifting about a foot when the fish would hit. Cowboy and I were catching and Jim was having a blast just unhooking and putting on ice. I found a few channel mullet which are a very good eating fish.

About 2:00 we have had enough of this area and set out looking for our targeted trout We only had 21 in the box. We headed to the place we started figureing the bite may be an evening bite as was the day before. We got a few before a friend gave us a tip. We picked up and ran to a new place that was a big trout honey hole.

A pair of nice 26-27 inch reds were found in amongst the trout by Cowboy. We did manage our 75 trout and called a great day. This is only the top of the fishbox. We had 75 specks, 2 reds, 3 channel mullet, 2 croakers, and well over 75 white trout.

Did someone say fish cleaning party? Neighbors and friends will be eating well this week.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 12-08-2012, 11:33 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,318

Wow!!! Great trip