SaltyCajun.com http://www.stickemrods.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:12 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Default Claim seeks $100 million for child survivor of Connecticut school shooting

A $100 million claim on behalf of a 6-year-old survivor is the first legal action to come out of the Connecticut school shooting that left 26 children and adults dead two weeks ago.
The unidentified client, referred to as Jill Doe, heard "cursing, screaming, and shooting" over the school intercom when the gunman, 20-year-old Adam Lanza, opened fire, according to the claim filed by New Haven-based attorney Irv Pinsky.
"As a consequence, the ... child has sustained emotional and psychological trauma and injury, the nature and extent of which are yet to be determined," the claim said.
Pinsky said he filed a claim on Thursday with state Claims Commissioner J. Paul Vance Jr., whose office must give permission before a lawsuit can be filed against the state.
"We all know its going to happen again," Pinsky said on Friday. "Society has to take action."
Twenty children and six adults were shot dead on December 14 at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut. The children were all 6 and 7 years old.
Pinsky's claim said that the state Board of Education, Department of Education and Education Commissioner had failed to take appropriate steps to protect children from "foreseeable harm."
It said they had failed to provide a "safe school setting" or design "an effective student safety emergency response plan and protocol."
Pinsky said he was approached by the child's parents within a week of the shooting.
The shooting, which also left the gunman dead, has prompted extensive debate about gun control and the suggestion by the National Rifle Association that schools be patrolled by armed guards. Police have said the gunman killed his mother at their home in Newtown before going to the school

http://news.yahoo.com/claim-seeks-10...003646074.html
Old 12-29-2012, 04:13 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Been waitin on this to happen. Lawyers are like vultures!!!! Not all, but most are!
Old 12-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

These parents ought to be fined $100 million for trying to make money off the deaths of 20 children & 6 adults. Instead of thanking the Good Lord their child is alive
Old 12-29-2012, 05:22 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,763

^^WoRd^^
Old 12-29-2012, 05:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,783

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
These parents ought to be fined $100 million for trying to make money off the deaths of 20 children & 6 adults. Instead of thanking the Good Lord their child is alive
X2
Old 12-29-2012, 06:04 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Amen!
Old 12-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 913

Very sad. I agree with W
Old 12-30-2012, 02:00 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

I wouldn't be worried about a simple $ lawsuit....our rights as citizens are at stake....
Old 12-30-2012, 08:06 AM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,899

I think legal action is an extreme measure but I'm not going to "say what they should or should not do", until I have walked in their shoes.

All I know about the shooting is what the media has provided and I don't take much trust in that either.

And I do not doubt that every child and school employee is traumatized and their life is changed forever.....May God heal their pain.....
Old 12-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
I think legal action is an extreme measure but I'm not going to "say what they should or should not do", until I have walked in their shoes.

All I know about the shooting is what the media has provided and I don't take much trust in that either.

And I do not doubt that every child and school employee is traumatized and their life is changed forever.....May God heal their pain.....

X2
Old 12-30-2012, 01:14 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

Hopefully the judge will see what these people are trying to do and if they do get money from this hopefully the judge will order that the child will get the money and not the parents
Old 12-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

So, 100 mill will make the trauma go away?!
Old 12-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

they will never get close to a Million dollars because the school was locked and had protocol ..

Guy shot his way through locks