SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-07-2013, 09:10 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,065
Eek gun sales!

at cabela's last... I've never seen that many people buying guns and ammo!!!!!
they had no 9mm, .38, 22 or 7.62 bullets for pistols... i found 1 box of .270 ballistic tips.
the guy said they are averaging 5 back ground checks an hour!!!! some pass, and some don't
Old 01-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

No ARs?????
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Lmfao

Quote:
Originally Posted by all star rod View Post
No ARs?????
HAHA!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:26 AM
Tripletail

not a one!!! LOL
Old 01-07-2013, 09:32 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,570

i wonder if the idiots in congress understand they have flooded the US with guns and ammo with their scare tactics?
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
i wonder if the idiots in congress understand they have flooded the US with guns and ammo with their scare tactics?
Its all an Obama economy stimulus program in disguise. The man is a genius! So glad he is my president!

Said no one ever
Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Im sure they bought into the gun and ammo stocks right before all this went down.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:39 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

What I want to know is how come I havnt seen ONE single republican politician out there protesting all this crap in public? Really all I have seen speaking out is the NRA. Am I just missing something here? They just going to let it happen with no opposition or fight? Are they just worried about laying low and trying to get back in office? Any thoughts?
Old 01-07-2013, 09:42 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Chuck Duck View Post
What I want to know is how come I havnt seen ONE single republican politician out there protesting all this crap in public? Really all I have seen speaking out is the NRA. Am I just missing something here? They just going to let it happen with no opposition or fight? Are they just worried about laying low and trying to get back in office? Any thoughts?
Don't let them fool you....they all work together these days
Old 01-07-2013, 09:51 AM
Entering A World of Pain

All these turds driving up demand best contact your senator or rep as all those on this site should...voices need to be heard.

http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/?p=contact

http://www.vitter.senate.gov/public/...ct.ContactForm

https://boustanyforms.house.gov/contact-me

Let them know the right to bear arms is a constitutional right.

Can't let them steamroll us again.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Here is what i wrote...I am by no means a scholar...lol...so use it or tweak it or do what you want but we have to be heard...

I am contacting you in reference to the apparent "Assault Weapons Ban" forthcoming. It seems our liberal friends in DC have made it a point to demonize apparent black AR weapons, AK style weapons and HI cap magazines and possibly ban them completely. This is a direct "assault" to the 2nd Amendment of our great constitution and will not be tolerated by any American who believes the freedom of the people is our right to keep and bear arms. I will not stand by while ignorant congressman/women make rash judgments based on fear and political gain. The real "fear" will be when we are left with nothing to defend our family, loved ones or ourselves from non law abiding criminals. So I urge you to vote against any bill regarding gun control or the banning of such weapons. Punishing law abiding citizens is not the correct path and will result in a reaction from the people in some form or fashion. Thank you for your time.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:27 PM
Tripletail

well said!
Old 01-07-2013, 03:32 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Here is what i wrote...I am by no means a scholar...lol...so use it or tweak it or do what you want but we have to be heard...

I am contacting you in reference to the apparent "Assault Weapons Ban" forthcoming. It seems our liberal friends in DC have made it a point to demonize apparent black AR weapons, AK style weapons and HI cap magazines and possibly ban them completely. This is a direct "assault" to the 2nd Amendment of our great constitution and will not be tolerated by any American who believes the freedom of the people is our right to keep and bear arms. I will not stand by while ignorant congressman/women make rash judgments based on fear and political gain. The real "fear" will be when we are left with nothing to defend our family, loved ones or ourselves from non law abiding criminals. So I urge you to vote against any bill regarding gun control or the banning of such weapons. Punishing law abiding citizens is not the correct path and will result in a reaction from the people in some form or fashion. Thank you for your time.
Bah-BAMM!
Old 01-07-2013, 05:50 PM
Entering A World of Pain

There is more than one way to skin a cat...believe it. They will find away

Bank of America freezes gun manufacture's bank account

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...y-owner-claims
Old 01-07-2013, 06:17 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
There is more than one way to skin a cat...believe it. They will find away

Bank of America freezes gun manufacture's bank account

http://cnsnews.com/blog/gregory-gwyn...y-owner-claims
It's not uncommon for banks to hold funds from unknown/unverified sources for up to 10 days. My bank still does it with large checks from insurance companies(over $7k). That being said, their response is ridiculous and, they could have easily gone by the excuse that my bank uses!
Old 01-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
It's not uncommon for banks to hold funds from unknown/unverified sources for up to 10 days. My bank still does it with large checks from insurance companies(over $7k). That being said, their response is ridiculous and, they could have easily gone by the excuse that my bank uses!
I understand that part...like u said it was the response he received...they are possibly feeling pressure from non gun owners/gun control advocates?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
I understand that part...like u said it was the response he received...they are possibly feeling pressure from non gun owners/gun control advocates?
I'm going to go with people have laid down their balls! They somehow have forgotten what has gotten them the freedom to speak how they want, refuse service to an industry and, make foolish decisions based on agendas. From what I have been seeing, people think all of these rights have come by way of holding hands in a circle and singing peace songs! To say that I feel disgusted by this would be an understatement! Just think, IF all of this is true with this bank, Bank of AMERICA, then just what is America? It is swiftly become Britain again but, with a strong twist of USSR!

What exactly does the management of BOA think that this country was founded by? I'll give you a hint...Expert marksmen with...You guessed it, GUNS!

Bare in mind though, they were a huge recipient of bailout funds so, that may be a part of their sudden "problem" with gun manufacturers banking with them.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:16 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 615

I wrote vitter and landrue.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 615

Here is what I wrote her after her automated response:

Mrs. Landrieu,
I stand with you on your wanting to enforce background checks on people for purchases of firearms. I stand with you on doing more for the mentally ill. What I and millions like me will not stand for is that once a law abiding, non mental, non ex criminal passes your reasonable background check, him or her to not be allowed to purchase what ever non fully automatic firearm with whatever size magazine they want. When I say reasonable, I mean don't vote yes for some trickery in a bill that says some bs about I have a cousin in the family that is a felon or mental but does not live with me keep me from my 2cd amendment rights. That's just one scenario but you know what I mean.

Thank you for your time and response to my email.
Sincerely, Charlton Chapman
Old 01-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

Quote:

Very well said, might hafta just copy and pase dat..