SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 10-07-2013, 07:44 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 600
Default Big Lake fishing is good & duck season is almost here

[SIZE=3]MONDAY MORNING UP-DATE[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]FROM THE SPECKLED TROUT CAPITAL OF THE WORLD[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]HACKBERRY ROD AND GUN[/SIZE]

BIG DUCK SEASON IS ALMOST HERE

These little cold fronts have everyone one on edge thinking about the upcoming duck season. If you haven't been on one of our gentleman's duck hunts this would be a good year to get in on some of this action. Southwest Louisiana is known as the best fly zone in the country and for the big numbers of the fast flying water fowl coming through. Call the "DUCKETTS" toll free today at 888.762.3391 and get one of them to check availability.

CATCHING FISH AFTER THE HUNT

November and December can be awesome given the right weather. Big numbers of flounder, redfish and big speckled trout are very common during this period. Think about bringing the youngsters over while school is out during the Thanksgiving holiday to experience a trip of a lifetime. Call 888.762.3391 and check it out. Here are some pictures from the last few days and you can see them all by clicking here.

CLICK ON PICTURE TO VIEW its ORIGINAL SIZE

Many of you have already gone to our new LIVE DOCK CAM located on the dock down by the cleaning house. We have been getting many emails talking about all of the fish action on the dock each day. The best time to take a look at the days catch is between noon and 3:00 each day or during duck season in the late afternoon. Click here and take a look.

Our branded products make great gifts for you, your friends and customers. Pick up some the next time you are over or call the lodge toll free 888.762.3391 and we will ship them to you right away. You are going to love our special not so HOT sauce (We call it HR&G Lighting) and our very tasty special seasoning for everything. I put it on everything except cantaloupe.

ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A WEEKEND PLACE ON THE WATER TO SPEND THE WEEKEND ?

Check out

HACKBERRY ROD & GUN VACATION RENTALS

We have added an additional brand new 3 bedroom 2 ½ bath town home to our vacation rental properties. This beautiful new home with an in the water boat lift is located right across the street from the lodge. Here are a couple of pictures of this beautiful vacation weekend home and you can see them all by clicking here. Gather up the family and come spend a few days at the speckled trout capital of the world.

THIS WEEKS YUMMY RECIPE

Baked Ritz Cracker Fish

Many Of You Have Asked About Getting The Recipe For The Baked Fish That We Serve Here At The Lodge. We Have Been Serving This Dish For Years And I'm Not Sure Where It Came From But It Is The Most Asked For Fish Dish. Enjoy
  • 2 To 3 Pounds Of Fish Filets (like The Ones You Catch Here At The Lodge)
  • 3 Round Packs Of Ritz Crackers
  • 3 Sticks Of Real Butter (melted)
  • Hr&g All Purpose Seasoning (order It Here 888.762.3391)
  • 3 Table Spoons Of Minced Garlic
  • 1 Tea Spoon Garlic Powder
  • 1 Tea Spoon Dill Weed
  • 2 Lemons
  • Parmesan Cheese
  • A Few Large Peeled Shrimp
Melt Butter – Add Seasoning, Minced Garlic, Garlic Powder, Dill Weed And The Juice Of Two Lemons. Crush Ritz Crackers Until Fine. Dip Each Fish Filet In The Butter Sauce, Then The Crackers And Place Them On A Shallow Baking Dish/pan. Dip The Shrimp In The Butter Sauce And Then The Ritz Cracker Mixture. Place The Shrimp On Top Of The Fish Filets And Sprinkle With Parmesan Cheese. Bake At 350 Degrees For 20 Minutes Or So Until Done.
You Are Gonna Love The Dish. It's Quick And Easy And Deeeeeeelious

My Thought.

I've learned.... I have learned that the world's worst spectator sport is watching other people catch fish.

Have a great week and remember "Ya Shoulda been here yesterday"

Poohdreaux

Activities

Book A Trip

Reserve Night stalker

Meet Our Staff

Fishing Info

Meet Our Guides

Hunting Info

Lodging

FAQ

Poohdreaux

Captain Buddy Oakes
Hackberry Rod & Gun
485 Lake Breeze
Hackberry, Louisiana - 70645

888.762.3391 - office

337.802.2407 - cell
Old 10-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,071

I been to many lodges in the US and Canada. HRG is one of the best. They do a fine job from the boat to the meals. I highly recommend their services to anyone.