SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Old 10-09-2013, 12:17 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,645
Question Toledo help

Never fished toledo but heading up there next thursday for the weekend. staying at toledo south state park. I was thinking about hitting points and creek mouths with rattle traps or shad color crankbaits. Maybe some topwater frog or buzzbaits along the banks. anybody have good success around the south state park ?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:23 PM
Flounder

Cash: 979

You could go just north of there and fish the Pirate's Cove area or cross the lake to the Texas side and fish Housin, Six Mile or Indian Mounds. Now is a good time for different bait patterns. I personally like trick worms, buzz baits and zara spooks.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:32 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 9,130

There was a report from a few days ago on here about punchin grass down south... shad havent made it all the way back into the bays yet. find grass around the mouths of coves/bays. pirates is a good place like suggested. mimic the shad.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 574

T and F

I will be there next Friday and I'm staying at Pleasure Point which is just north of South TB state park. If you would like I can show you a few areas near the Texas Islands, pirates cove and 6 mile depending on the wind. FYI the lake is ~ 5 1/2' low so use caution. Shoot me a message if you want to meet up.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,645

Yeah may have to get with ya one morning I'll shoot ya a message on here. I should be able to make it across the lake not too worried. Just never fished up there so gonna take it easy and watch the boat lanes. I was wondering about setting a trot line maybe using shad or bream for bait and just running it across a creek mouth any suggestions ?
Old 10-10-2013, 10:54 AM
Redfish

Cash: 978

Quote:
Originally Posted by T and F fishing View Post
Yeah may have to get with ya one morning I'll shoot ya a message on here. I should be able to make it across the lake not too worried. Just never fished up there so gonna take it easy and watch the boat lanes. I was wondering about setting a trot line maybe using shad or bream for bait and just running it across a creek mouth any suggestions ?
I usually just find a bunch of tree tops and run a trotline between them. We bait them with shrimp, chicken hearts, hot dogs, mullet, and bream. I think shrimp works the best.
Old 10-10-2013, 12:27 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 574

I never did the trout line thing at TB. I always bass fished. I have run across several trout lines usually near a creek channel ran from stump to stump. I don't know what it was baited with just trying to get my lure untangled. Anyway give me a shoot when you are ready to take a ride on the bend. Later
Old 10-10-2013, 01:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,124

Setting a catfish line when on a weekend long fishing/ camping trip is the way to go. It's a great way to "multi task". When we set up camp The first thing I do is bait a cat fish line. Bass fishing in the early AM run and rebait the catfish line on the way back to camp. Sac au lait fishing in mid day, rebait the line. Bass fishing late evening check the line. Takes very little time, and hopefully ya on the way to clean fish anyways, so a couple cats don't hurt at all. Great way to add to ya catch.