SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:20 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926
Default o care.

How much did yall's go up?? I am self employed and pay my own, but mine is going up 50 $ a mouth and I haven't you'd it in ten or more year's !!!!!! Deroviced 9 year's no kid's, why did it go up so much???

I thought this was the best thing that ever happened to the USA..

I get to travel alot and what is happening is the same as Canada has, and pay 28-30% income for!! But they all have America's policy s and pay out the asssssss for it. Good luck to yall!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 04:25 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,225

22 percent for everyone in my firm. Firm wide that will hit the average employee for a $1,000 per year increase. We pay a large portion of our employees premiums but we can't pay it all. The people elected him, the people will pay. Makes me sick and will get worse.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:33 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

I have heard this same thing from several people.

However, my insurance is the same exact premiums and coverage as last year. I expected an increase so I compared this year's options to last and they are the exact same.

I work for "Big Blue" who employees 120k people worldwide so that may have something to do with it.
Old 12-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
How much did yall's go up?? I am self employed and pay my own, but mine is going up 50 $ a mouth and I haven't you'd it in ten or more year's !!!!!! Deroviced 9 year's no kid's, why did it go up so much???

I thought this was the best thing that ever happened to the USA..

I get to travel alot and what is happening is the same as Canada has, and pay 28-30% income for!! But they all have America's policy s and pay out the asssssss for it. Good luck to yall!!!

They have been raping the self employed for years. It will only get worst.
Old 12-15-2013, 07:21 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Ours went up in cost and deductible .About 20% premium increase and double the deductible.
Old 12-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Our stayed the same but like above our company is big (world wide)and they have been good about taking most of the cost over the last 3-4 years that our premium has gone up
Old 12-15-2013, 08:37 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Most private companies with more than 100 employees are self insured and not subject to the UCA (unaffordable care act). 6 mil + have enrolled in Medicaid and less than 500,000 in the UCA. Of those paying something, the majority will be using more than they will ever pay in premiums. Expect to see a doubling of your premium this time next year but the bright side of it is you will possibly qualify for a subsidy since you will also be poorer. The UCA was designed as wealth redistribution plain and simple, designed as a Trojan Horse by the Dims to equalize out comes of the very poor and shrinking middle class.

Certified UCA Agent Regards
Old 12-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Luckily for me and, my family, we renewed in November of this year so, we are locked in @ $720/mo for the next 12 months. That's for a family of 4 and, a $3800 deductible but, we knew that and, found it to be to our needs.

When it comes this time next year, God knows what my self employed arse will be paying?! The beauty of the "affordable" care act is, next year, we'll have maternity coverage!!! Isn't it great, considering my wife had a hysterectomy this year?! *$%(@Q^E#%(#@^E)(*WE()*KE#*Q@&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2013, 08:59 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Luckily for me and, my family, we renewed in November of this year so, we are locked in @ $720/mo for the next 12 months. That's for a family of 4 and, a $3800 deductible but, we knew that and, found it to be to our needs.

When it comes this time next year, God knows what my self employed arse will be paying?! The beauty of the "affordable" care act is, next year, we'll have maternity coverage!!! Isn't it great, considering my wife had a hysterectomy this year?! *$%(@Q^E#%(#@^E)(*WE()*KE#*Q@&!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
In 2014 it will cover your gurlfin baby too!
Erry plan will have pediatric vision,dental and birt control. If you work for a company with less than 50 employees please give me a call, you will have to purchase your own coverage very soon.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Red Snapper

I will pm or call you next week if they try and change mine again before next year... I will eat the 26&3/4 % this year.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Sailfish

Andy, the problem will arise when agents are no longer willing to work for free. The insurance companies cut our commission 60% since the prez thinks we are not needed. Who In they're right mind would work for 4% for very long? The insurance companies are just as culpable in this fiasco as the Dims, you can also blame big pharma. Pharma/H-C bent over for O-Care thinking he could be trusted and are now finding out he lies to everyone. 2014 should be one helluva wild ride in da biz.
Old 12-16-2013, 07:27 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

I was on my wifes plan. Since my company offers me insurance we would have had to pay an addition $70 a month to keep me on my wifes plan and my insurance would have went up $86 month. Needless to say I am switching insurance to my employer. I will actually be paying less but it doesnt pay as well.
Old 12-16-2013, 10:45 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,732

Food for thought about Obama Care

• 2.3% Tax on Medical Device Manufacturers 2014

• 10% Tax on Indoor Tanning Services 2014

• Blue Cross/Blue Shield Tax Hike

• Excise Tax on Charitable Hospitals which fail to comply with the requirements of ObamaCare

• Tax on Brand Name Drugs

• Tax on Health Insurers

• $500,000 Annual Executive Compensation Limit for Health Insurance Executives

• Elimination of tax deduction for employer-provided retirement Rx drug coverage in coordination with Medicare Part D

• Employer Mandate on business with over 50 full-time equivalent employees to provide health insurance to full-time employees. $2000 per employee $3000 if employee uses tax credits to buy insurance on the exchange (marketplace). (pushed back to 2015)

• Medicare Tax on Investment Income 3.8% over $200k/$250k

• Medicare Part A Tax increase of .9% over $200k/$250k

• Employer Reporting of Insurance on W-2 (not a tax)

• Corporate 1099-MISC Information Reporting (repealed)

• Codification of the "economic substance doctrine" (not a tax)

ObamaCare Taxes That (may) Directly Affect the Average American

• 40% Excise Tax "Cadillac" on high-end Premium Health Insurance Plans 2018

• An annual $63 fee levied by ObamaCare on all plans (decreased each year until 2017 when pre-existing conditions are eliminated) to help pay for insurance companies covering the costs of high-risk pools.

• Medicine Cabinet Tax
Over the counter medicines no longer qualified as medical expenses for flexible spending accounts (FSAs), health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs), health savings accounts (HSAs), and Archer Medical Saving accounts (MSAs).

• Additional Tax on HSA/MSA Distributions
Health savings account or an Archer medical savings account, penalties for spending money on non-qualified medical expenses. 10% to 20% in the case of a HSA and from 15% to 20% in the case of a MSA.

• Flexible Spending Account Cap 2013
Contributions to FSAs are reduced to $2,500 from $5,000.

• Medical Deduction Threshold tax increase 2013
Threshold to deduct medical expenses as an itemized deduction increases to 10% from 7.5%.

• Individual Mandate (the tax for not purchasing insurance if you can afford it) 2014
Starting in 2014, anyone not buying "qualifying" health insurance must pay an income tax surtax at a rate of 1% or $95 in 2014 to 2.5% in 2016 on profitable income above the tax threshold. The total penalty amount cannot exceed the national average of the annual premiums of a "bronze level" health insurance plan on ObamaCare exchanges.

• Premium Tax Credits for Small Businesses 2014 (not a tax)

• Advanced Premium Tax Credits for Individuals and Families 2014 (not a tax)

• Medical Loss Ratio (MRL): Premium rebates (not a tax)
Old 12-16-2013, 11:10 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDM View Post

Thats going to hurt, my daughter will need braces and thats how we were planning to pay for it.
Old 12-16-2013, 11:44 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Andy, the problem will arise when agents are no longer willing to work for free. The insurance companies cut our commission 60% since the prez thinks we are not needed. Who In they're right mind would work for 4% for very long? The insurance companies are just as culpable in this fiasco as the Dims, you can also blame big pharma. Pharma/H-C bent over for O-Care thinking he could be trusted and are now finding out he lies to everyone. 2014 should be one helluva wild ride in da biz.

As far as Agents who own there own insurance place , I think that is fine but as far as guys going around trying to sale insurance to people all the time...I hate those people and wish they would never ever never approach me again..

Nothing I hate more than a person trying to sale me insurance ..... Fact is if I need insurance I will find it or look for it....I don't need insurance coming find me!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Quote:

• Excise Tax on Charitable Hospitals which fail to comply with the requirements of ObamaCare

• Tax on Health Insurers

• Elimination of tax deduction for employer-provided retirement Rx drug coverage in coordination with Medicare Part D

• Employer Mandate on business with over 50 full-time equivalent employees to provide health insurance to full-time employees. $2000 per employee $3000 if employee uses tax credits to buy insurance on the exchange (marketplace). (pushed back to 2015)

• An annual $63 fee levied by ObamaCare on all plans (decreased each year until 2017 when pre-existing conditions are eliminated) to help pay for insurance companies covering the costs of high-risk pools.

• Medicine Cabinet Tax
Over the counter medicines no longer qualified as medical expenses for flexible spending accounts (FSAs), health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs), health savings accounts (HSAs), and Archer Medical Saving accounts (MSAs).

Health savings account or an Archer medical savings account, penalties for spending money on non-qualified medical expenses. 10% to 20% in the case of a HSA and from 15% to 20% in the case of a MSA.

Threshold to deduct medical expenses as an itemized deduction increases to 10% from 7.5%.

• Individual Mandate (the tax for not purchasing insurance if you can afford it) 2014
Starting in 2014, anyone not buying "qualifying" health insurance must pay an income tax surtax at a rate of 1% or $95 in 2014 to 2.5% in 2016 on profitable income above the tax threshold. The total penalty amount cannot exceed the national average of the annual premiums of a "bronze level" health insurance plan on ObamaCare exchanges.

That is sickening....
Old 12-16-2013, 03:17 PM
Sailfish

Quote:

Innovation will end
No mo Bronze Beauties
13 billion this year and a BILLION each year until 2017
Baptist/Catholic refuse to pref abortions ormwill be BlACK BALLED

• Tax on Health Insurers
See #3

Higher unemployment but they are cooking that number now

The next shoe to drop,will be taxed going forward

• Medicine Cabinet Tax

Dedutibles will double as will out of pocket expenses, can you say rationing

It will get better.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:44 PM
Red Snapper

Hell it can't get much worse!!
Old 12-17-2013, 01:24 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,295
Hairout

Quote:

• Tax on Health Insurers

• Medicine Cabinet Tax

And it does not apply to the people who passed it