SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Redfish

Cash: 909
Default 5-1 through 5-4 Fourchon LA

I have never wrote a trip report before so hope this will do...

May1
The company my wife works for let us use there camp in Fourchon for the weekend so we jumped at the chance and drove down after work with the 220 Excel Bay in tow. We made it down there around 10:00PM to drizzling rain and cool temps. Unpacked the truck and hit the sack.

May2
0500...Cool morning and excited to hit the water. We launched the boat grabbed some live shrimp from Morans and headed out. We fished around Devils Island, Pearl Bayou and Pierie Bay and not a bite(except a few hard heads). After a couple hours I decided to head to leeville area since i knew a few spots where we had shot some reds with bow and arrow years ago.
We caught 6 reds for the box and threw 5 back under 16" after tagging them. My wife caught a tagged redfish as well.This was in the marsh north of Lake Jessie in very shallow water. As we were leaving i saw some birds diving near the overpass and had to try for trout...after weeding through 30 or so 11"ers i managed 4 for the box. Great day on the water.

May3
0500...cool morning again. With live cocahoes in hand from Morans we headed out to leeville area. Gnats were kicking our buts at daybreak...Fishing was very slow and after a few hours we decided to take a nice boat ride around to explore some. We fished a few spots here and there around north lake and south lake and then cruised to Caminada pass.
With the wind direction the bay was rough but on our stern and the beach side was very calm so we ate lunch off the beach side and I hooked a 4' shark. After that we headed back to camp to clean the 4 reds and 1 trout we managed to catch that day.

May4
0430...cool again...We headed out early since it seemed the past couple days the bite was better early. I decided to try a different area and decided on the Bay Diego area. We fished for a couple hours and caught 6 reds and 1 spec in short time. The reds were feeding in the shallows and all were caught by sight fishing them. It was a blast. Can't wait to go back later in the summer and explore some more areas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5-2-14.jpg (81.5 KB, 361 views)
File Type: jpg 5-3-14.jpg (70.8 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg 5-4-14.jpg (74.7 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg tagged red 5-3-14.jpg (77.4 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg image (5).jpg (82.2 KB, 352 views)
File Type: jpg image (4).jpg (69.7 KB, 348 views)
Old 05-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,732

Great report!!! I just got a camp at Point Fourchon and have been fishing offshore instead of inshore. Need to explore the area in my bayboat for trout and reds also.
Old 05-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Nice report and very nice boat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Old 05-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,679

Nice report, what Gps system do you have ?
Old 05-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Great report... Fishing was tough down there this weekend you did better than most people I talked to
Old 05-05-2014, 07:36 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by haoward View Post
Nice report, what Gps system do you have ?
Just installed it before this trip. Its a Lowrance HDS 8 gen 2 with the navionics platinum plus chip. Makes navigating and finding spots to fish so much easier than the standard mapping.
Old 05-05-2014, 07:38 PM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Great report... Fishing was tough down there this weekend you did better than most people I talked to
I think the major diff. I seen this weekend was people that sat in one place fishing moving water did not do great. We really moved around and fished the reds more like you would bass...I stayed on the trolling motor the whole time. There were only a couple times we caught more than one red in a spot.
Old 05-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Flounder

Cash: 693

Is that hydro turf in the bottom? If so how bad was it to put in? And do you like? Pros and conns.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Now, this is a report. Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:43 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2200blazerbay View Post
Is that hydro turf in the bottom? If so how bad was it to put in? And do you like? Pros and conns.
Yes it is hydro turf. The boat came with a bed liner type material and that is very slippery when wet. The Hydro Turf was not too hard to install. That section took me and the wife three afternoons to install after work. Hard part is lining up the groves from piece to piece. Used contact cement to hold it down and so far so good. Cleans up really easy and is soft on the feet. I even put a pad under it where i drive from and it helps on my aging knees in rough water,lol
Con would be the price. Its not the cheapest stuff on the market but it has been around a long time. Front deck and back deck are next.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:01 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 974

Nice report, feesh and ride.