SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Voo Doo shrimp day

Had Shimon Segal and his friend Dylan from Canada with me yesterday. It was a calm day so I wanted to try some open water fishing. I had heard there was some clean water to the north east and some nice trout. The marina was out of live bait but I still had plastics and Voo Doo shrimp. We got to the area and there were 2 boats working near by. It was not long when I knew the trip was worth it.

Shimon insisted on using all types of his walleye baits and other stuff he brought while Dylan and I were putting a few in the boat. In his defense he did get a few but after a while he switched to the Voo Doo shrimp. I did not get many pictures because of the action. The box was soon looking very good.

While Shimon was casting a surface lure with twin treble hooks he managed to get a pelican. He wanted to just cut off the hooks but I got the hooks out of it's wings without getting bit. No harm done to either of us. R & R large fish flipper is also an R & R pelican flipper.

As the bite slowed we went looking for redfish. We ran across large schools of mullet. Every now and then something would hit the schools and the water would explode with many fish going airborne.

We found a few reds but nothing special in the area I was in. some rats and some good ones.

I picked up a flounder in one cut.

We have a double header with trout and reds and the Venice inshore trifecta with trout reds and flounder but what do you call it when you get Trout, Reds, Flounder, Black drum, and Pelican?

We had 83 pounds of fish in the box for the day. Most of it being the 53 trout.

They only wanted so many fish and they gave me a few trout that I took home and cleaned. The smallest being 14 and the biggest I had at home was 21 inches. We had one or 2 bigger than that.

Loving the good weather but the long range for next weekend may be a bit stormy again.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 05-06-2014, 10:29 AM
Redfish

Cash: 1,732

Great report!!!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:39 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,857

Nice report a usual..
Old 05-06-2014, 12:00 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 1,758