SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 06-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Default 6/4/14 Future 10 trout lake

Had one of my customers bring some of his clients down from Ar-Kansas and put them on great trout bite this am then went caught and released bull reds for few hours

All caught on artificial baits
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (66.0 KB, 672 views)

Last edited by "W"; 06-04-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

I wonder how long he will continue to pay lodging, fuel, food, travel time, and guide fees to come down here for 10 trout!

May really be the death of the guide business on the horizon. Why is it our government agencies continue to kill small businesses? And everything I am seeing is they are doing it to slow down the poeple from Texas coming here to fish. ***?
Old 06-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Some reason a IPhone only let's you load one pic at a time
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (84.7 KB, 624 views)
Old 06-04-2014, 04:41 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Some reason a IPhone only let's you load one pic at a time

You have tapatalk app?
Old 06-04-2014, 04:54 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
I wonder how long he will continue to pay lodging, fuel, food, travel time, and guide fees to come down here for 10 trout!

May really be the death of the guide business on the horizon. Why is it our government agencies continue to kill small businesses? And everything I am seeing is they are doing it to slow down the poeple from Texas coming here to fish. ***?

I understand what you're saying. And I agree. But I feel like people will still pay regardless. You can't do any better or keep any more fish anywhere along the coast if I'm not mistaken?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 06:32 PM
Redfish

Cash: -1,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post

Guides in port Mansfield are as busy as ever and they only have 5 trout limit. Don't worry, the sky isn't falling.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:49 PM
Flounder

Cash: 536

Yea but give an inch and they'll take a mile every time.. it'll prob only get worse from here..
Old 06-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Flounder

Cash: 394

In my opinion, I think guides will like it. When a sport says "we limited out " goes a lot farther than saying "we only caught 14". Plus on the other hand - on them tough days the guides will not have to fish as hard for them. It's a win-win for guides and a loss for recreational folks. Just to clarify, I am not for the reduction of daily limits.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:25 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

FlagUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh life View Post
In my opinion, I think guides will like it. When a sport says "we limited out " goes a lot farther than saying "we only caught 14". Plus on the other hand - on them tough days the guides will not have to fish as hard for them. It's a win-win for guides and a loss for recreational folks. Just to clarify, I am not for the reduction of daily limits.
Not even close , not a guide here on East side out of Heberts was a 10 trout limit to say "hey we limited out "

I guide because I enjoy fishing staying out late is part of it and no way a person who hires me will wear me out on the water

Some days I'm the 1st boat gone and last boat in , and lots of times we have a limit of trout by 10am but they want to fish

One guide outfit might like having 10 trout limit because it's not a passion it's a job and like a routine everyday with same results

I'm not like that and a lot of the guides on talk to every day are not.

Jared Adams is one like me who will fish till when ever also , there has been days he worked all night and fish all next day with zero sleep

Just last month I guided till 2 and Jared around same time then about 6 we ran into each other again on the lake scouting for next day

I wish limit was 25 per person

No true guide wants to have a 10 trout limit NEVER unless your working for someone and it's not your clients
Old 06-04-2014, 08:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

Agreed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-04-2014, 09:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

I just shake my head when people say its ok and not a bad thing when you cant catch enough fish to eat and put anything in the freezer because its about being a "sportsman".

if I have to settle for 5 or 10 trout then its time to sell the boat and take up golf because im not spending $100 per trip to go catch 2lbs of fillets in a $15,000 flatboat much less those expensive rigs most people have.

it is near break even cost wise now for the table fair you get out of it.

yes I like to catch fish for catching fish but I need to get a good portion of my money back in groceries going in the freezer or I just flat out cant afford it and 60% or fishermen are just like me.

I sure as hell would never pay for a charter to fish under the limits they are proposing
Old 06-04-2014, 09:21 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchRex View Post
Guides in port Mansfield are as busy as ever and they only have 5 trout limit. Don't worry, the sky isn't falling.
Shhh, you're talking reasonably. Hurts some peoples' feelings...
Old 06-04-2014, 10:44 PM
Redfish

Cash: -1,658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightwindow View Post
Shhh, you're talking reasonably. Hurts some peoples' feelings...
I guess when you pride yourself on catching a box full of dink trout, it's easy to get your feelings hurt.
Old 06-05-2014, 06:28 AM
Flounder

Cash: 536

Or when you like eating trout and only get a hand full of days to fish a year it's nice to have a small stock pile in the freezer. Not saying it's all about limiting out per say but actually making it worth your time and effort. Plus as a sportsman I pride my self as not being a game hog, so that makes up for dink trout
Old 06-05-2014, 07:04 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Quote:
I guess when you pride yourself on catching a box full of dink trout, it's easy to get your feelings hurt.
It's not the guides that pride themselves in those boxes of dinks......its the sports. The guides I have met personally from here would much rather target hawgs, but your average charter customer doesn't have the patience or skill required to chase bigger fish. There's no reason to be rude, especially if you don't know some of these guys. I have seen several posts from guides here that read something like....woo hoo got a customer today that's not worried about limits....just lookin for big girls to CPR today!
Old 06-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Flounder

Cash: 731

Ask the guides for snapper fishing. Back in the early 90's, it was 7, then 5, now two. When you pay $1500 for up to 6 people to catch 2 fish each. $125 per fish. That is if you get six people. Yeah, the sport of it is worth the cost to me, but I can find other fun stuff to do at $125 per time. It makes guide services hard to sell the consumer. It also makes taking my own boat even harder to justify dragging to the water and spending $100+ per trip. It is over regulated.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:30 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

BigGrin

Quote:
Big trout don't pay the bills #s and catching does

99% do not care as long as they are catching

But if the want big trout , you can go search my post over the years and you will find that I can catch then anyday of the week if need be

haters always going to hate

btw ..... Must be doing something right because people come back over and over and over and I have trips booked till Aug right now
Old 06-05-2014, 07:58 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 635

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
I just shake my head when people say its ok and not a bad thing when you cant catch enough fish to eat and put anything in the freezer because its about being a "sportsman".

if I have to settle for 5 or 10 trout then its time to sell the boat and take up golf because im not spending $100 per trip to go catch 2lbs of fillets in a $15,000 flatboat much less those expensive rigs most people have.

it is near break even cost wise now for the table fair you get out of it.

yes I like to catch fish for catching fish but I need to get a good portion of my money back in groceries going in the freezer or I just flat out cant afford it and 60% or fishermen are just like me.

I sure as hell would never pay for a charter to fish under the limits they are proposing
First of all it is about being a "Sportsman". If you expect to get your money back for fishing then be a guide. Fishing is a hobby to most people. Yea it is nice to boat a box full of fish but most people dont do that every trip they just like getting out on the water to pass a good time with family and friends. Also you will hate golf too because it gives nothing in return either.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:59 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Big trout don't pay the bills #s and catching does

99% do not care as long as they are catching

But if the want big trout , you can go search my post over the years and you will find that I can catch then anyday of the week if need be

haters always going to hate

btw ..... Must be doing something right because people come back over and over and over and I have trips booked till Aug right now

Well said !!!
Old 06-05-2014, 08:01 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

First of all it is about being a "Sportsman". If you expect to get your money back for fishing then be a guide. Fishing is a hobby to most people. Yea it is nice to boat a box full of fish but most people dont do that every trip they just like getting out on the water to pass a good time with family and friends. Also you will hate golf too because it gives nothing in return either.

Unless u got groupies like tiger