SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:46 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546
Default Corruption in the insurance industry on CNN tonight!

Anderson Cooper is will be covering this tonight. Please watch, if you can. It may be of great help to you! Know your shop and, know that who your insurance company "recommends" may not be the best or safest place for you!!!

http://www.bodyshopbusiness.com/ande...surance-fraud/
Old 02-09-2015, 12:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,524

I may watch it, hmmm....let's see, do I want to stay in a good mood or not? With money, comes power...power is sometimes followed closely by corruption? On a side note...I wish I knew what the ratio was, income from premiums vs claim payouts. That number would be staggering.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:29 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Interesting. I am going to have to tune in. I know I have dealt with shoddy work on one of my vehicles by using the insurance companies recommended shops. The job took over twice as long as they estimated it to take , at which point the insurance refused to pay for the additional days on my rental, and the work done was horrible. When I would close my driver side door you could still see daylight between the door and the A pillar.
Old 02-09-2015, 12:53 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Interesting. I am going to have to tune in. I know I have dealt with shoddy work on one of my vehicles by using the insurance companies recommended shops. The job took over twice as long as they estimated it to take , at which point the insurance refused to pay for the additional days on my rental, and the work done was horrible. When I would close my driver side door you could still see daylight between the door and the A pillar.
This is what we want to expose!^^^^

The intention isn't to piss people off but, instead, educate them. You'd be floored to spend a day with me, watching me combat the ins company's steering tactics and, piss poor write-ups on estimates! "We don't pay for that." "We can't cover factory parts with this policy." are just a few of the lines I hear daily. The fact is, they WILL pay for factory parts, if you go to a shop that is willing to fight for you rather than suck up to the insurance company!

I hope some of you will watch!
Old 02-09-2015, 02:21 PM
Blue Marlin

For whatever reason, they are saying now that the segment will be aired tomorrow evening, 2/10/2015.

Please tune in, if you can.
Old 02-09-2015, 03:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Id sure like to see this!
Old 02-09-2015, 04:00 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Anderson Cooper

Stop reading
Old 02-09-2015, 04:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 834

It's your money...get whichever shop you want to fix your car. Insurance company cannot tell you different.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulox86 View Post
It's your money...get whichever shop you want to fix your car. Insurance company cannot tell you different.
You would be amazed at the people that don't know this. And the number of insurance reps that will try to make you believe otherwise.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:25 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Anderson Cooper

Stop reading
Sometimes it the message, not the messenger that you should seek.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:29 PM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulox86 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
You would be amazed at the people that don't know this. And the number of insurance reps that will try to make you believe otherwise.
Eman nailed it. I've had friends steered out of my shop before over scare tactics. Common tactics are, "We won't warranty their work." Insurance companies don't warranty work, ever. "We won't pay any additional money they may charge." If it's supplemental damage, yes they will. "We don't have a working relationship with that shop." Translation is, that shop won't give us discounts or, cut corners that we need cut to keep cycle times down(reducing rental vehicle time).
Old 02-09-2015, 07:42 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern151 View Post
Eman nailed it. I've had friends steered out of my shop before over scare tactics. Common tactics are, "We won't warranty their work." Insurance companies don't warranty work, ever. "We won't pay any additional money they may charge." If it's supplemental damage, yes they will. "We don't have a working relationship with that shop." Translation is, that shop won't give us discounts or, cut corners that we need cut to keep cycle times down(reducing rental vehicle time).
Love this advise
Old 02-10-2015, 01:16 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Will try to tune in tonight. Sounds like an interesting topic.
I've already learned some things just by reading this thread.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:23 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

My buddy works for State Farm, he's told me stories of bribes.
Old 02-10-2015, 09:05 AM
Blue Marlin

I actually got to listen to Direct General tell one of my customers once that I was charging upwards of $100/day storage and, that he would be responsible for that fee, not them. Fortunately, he was in my office as they were telling him this and, I lined the guy out.

The truth is, IF I had a storage license, I can only legally charge $22/day for indoor storage. Since I don't have a storage license through LSP, I can't charge any storage and, the fine for doing so without said license is $10k! Secondly, if I'm due to repair this man's truck, why in the heck would I be charging him storage on top of repairs?!

Tune in tonight, assuming they don't move the date again! If anyone has any questions regarding insurance and, collision, feel free to contact me. I don't care if I'm not repairing your vehicle, I just don't want people to get railroaded.

I'd love to be on the phone during any initial claim calls so, if that's you, drop me a line! My cell is 225-253-2267 and, our office # is 225-647-2772
Old 02-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
My buddy works for State Farm, he's told me stories of bribes.
I'd love to hear some of them, even though I know what a good bit of them are!
Old 02-10-2015, 09:17 AM
Blue Marlin

Here's another one...

"If "Name of Tow Company" tows your vehicle from their lot to your preferred shop, we won't pay any of the claim." This is NOT true!

What happens after a wreck is, your vehicle will be loaded up immediately and, towed to a storage yard, unless you know exactly where you want your vehicle to go. If it goes to a storage yard, don't worry, the insurance company will pay for ALL of it. Often times, they want to send a truck to the tow yard to retrieve your vehicle and tow it to their preferred shop . They have agreements with these hack tow companies to greatly reduce rates. I've seen an Allstate job towed into me before where the wrecker came from 2 hours away to do the local tow for them. It paid $40!...Think about that!

These tow vehicles would not pass inspection for the normal "recovery rotation" with LSP so, they get into this instead. It is your vehicle. It is your choice. Call me if they tell you otherwise!
Old 02-10-2015, 10:37 AM
Flounder

Cash: 618

Thanks for the good info I will defiantly give you a ring if need to. Thanks again
Old 02-10-2015, 10:24 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Cory, what insurance do you have the least trouble dealing with that you would recommend?
Old 02-11-2015, 07:13 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
Cory, what insurance do you have the least trouble dealing with that you would recommend?

I think the answer is Farm Bureau