SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 04-07-2015, 09:08 PM
Redfish

Cash: 684
Default Do I raise hell???

Ok. Bought a brand new surface drive from a local lake charles dealer. So far it's been in the shop twice and tomorrow will make a third. And it only has 7hrs on it. Left me in lacassine twice. I really don't feel comfortable or trust using it. When you push pole mile and a half cause your trolling motor battery went dead. You kinda lose faith. It's been threel wks since I bought it as we'll. what are my options. Can I exchange for another? Do I have the option to just give it back. Mind you I financed it and haven't even made the first payment. Can my finance company help. I really don't know what to do. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks
Old 04-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,366

There are lemon laws not sure how this applies to boats .

I'd speak to the manager n voice my concerns . Tell him you don't want that same boat . See what he says . Call the manufacture
Old 04-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Start the conversation be VERY deliberate and VERY purposeful about your expectations.

I would pull the "raise hell" token after at least two civil conversations.......if no results then go all whoop ***
Old 04-07-2015, 09:45 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Id have a talk with the store manager/ owner see how that goes. IF its fruitless Lawyer up and find one that will be willing to send a letter of intent to escalate the situation if need be if a satisfactory agreement agreement cant be meet.

I actually had to do this with a camper we bought 3 yrs ago. We took the camper back 4 times due to the main slide out would get jammed and fail (I personally think the frame was tweeked) The day the dealership got the letter I was called and told to bring in the camper and get a new one.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

I'd be pissed! But, as mentioned, start calm but firm. What brand motor is this? Just curious. Might save someone the same headache. Good luck.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:25 PM
Redfish

Thanks guys. I'm hoping I won't have to lawyer up. It's one of those new boss surfacedrive. Now on there behalf . There customer service is top notch. When I call they talk to you(boss). And get the problem fixed fast. I talked to the lead service guy at the dealer. Asked him. Have they had a lot of repairs come in. nope. Just mine and one other. I no the service guy. he wouldn't lie
Old 04-07-2015, 11:33 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,024

Whatever you do just keep things professional. My experience as a sales manager I've had to deal with plenty of irate people. If you handle the situation right then you will most likely be taken care of. If you make it a personal thing and turn into an *&#$ then your bussiness is often not missed. I know you dont want to here this but there are warranties for a reason. If its obvious that there is just not fixing/proper warranty do to manufacturerer drefect then you can expect to be taken care of some other way. Like you said, you know a guy there. Nothing amazes me more when a grown man makes a scene like a whiny little bit&$ to get his way. Carry yourself like a proffessional and talk to the man trying to solve your problem like you would like to be talked to, and he will help you out.
Old 04-08-2015, 12:45 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 834
Default Do I raise hell???

What problems are you having? With the motor.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:45 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,338

I was hoping for better out of those since someone else bought the design but I guess it's still just a mudbuddy at heart. When I bought MB years ago I had the same experience. The thing was in the shop 6 times in the first 5 months. I finally sold it to someone and bought a GT. No problems since other than normal wear n tear
Old 04-08-2015, 09:50 PM
Redfish

Alright. Went buy the dealership. One of the head boss guys was there as we'll. talked to the GM and the boss guy at the same time. Kept it professional. I'm satisfied. I'm not gonna type everything out that was said. But it was all good. I have to give to boss. Way better customer service then mudbuddy. Our a lot of companies I deal with. Basically in a nut shell. Boss is gonna back the motor 100%. As so far they have. The motor is fixed. A breaker for the tilt went out. Will be hinting lacassine in the am. Thanks again for yalls help
Old 04-08-2015, 09:53 PM
Redfish

I haven't had any major problems like the engine or drive. Actually out of all the surfacedrives I've operated many. That sucker digs like a backhoe.
Old 04-09-2015, 10:53 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckco View Post
Alright. Went buy the dealership. One of the head boss guys was there as we'll. talked to the GM and the boss guy at the same time. Kept it professional. I'm satisfied. I'm not gonna type everything out that was said. But it was all good. I have to give to boss. Way better customer service then mudbuddy. Our a lot of companies I deal with. Basically in a nut shell. Boss is gonna back the motor 100%. As so far they have. The motor is fixed. A breaker for the tilt went out. Will be hinting lacassine in the am. Thanks again for yalls help

Reasonable people get treated resonably most of the time.............

Unreasonable people get treated ...........well....................like a few people we know