SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-13-2015, 07:30 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 600
Bounce Hackberry Rod & Gun

This past week trout fishing heated big time using loud popping Mirrolure top water baits as well as others. Best areas have been in the lake and west cove where our guys also scored using Corkys as well as black/chartreuse Hackberry Hustlers. Check out the pictures below and take a look at all of the nice Flounders that have been caught on out going tides. Best flounder baits have been bouncing Gulp in New Penny color rigged on a ¼ ounce lead head on the bottom. There have been scattered reports of a few live shrimp being caught in the channel but very little. The live bait supply should pick up as the fresh water moves out. Several of our guys have reported that a few sets of gulls have been seen working mid lake around Commissary point. Check with the ladies in the office by calling toll free at 888.762.3391 and let them check availability for you or just click here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0495.JPG (221.5 KB, 499 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0492.jpg (114.5 KB, 497 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1721.jpg (91.7 KB, 498 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0499.JPG (222.2 KB, 500 views)
File Type: jpg zDSCN0498.JPG (225.9 KB, 503 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7105.jpg (99.0 KB, 499 views)
Old 05-13-2015, 07:43 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Thanks Buddy, thanks for a "REAL MEMBERS REPORT" something that contributes to the members and the well being of this site, not just an advertisement of "hey look at all the fish I caught, come fish with me" it gets old.

Thank you sir!
Old 05-13-2015, 08:13 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,424

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
Thanks Buddy, thanks for a "REAL MEMBERS REPORT" something that contributes to the members and the well being of this site, not just an advertisement of "hey look at all the fish I caught, come fish with me" it gets old.

Thank you sir!
I agree x2
Old 05-13-2015, 09:30 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Nice flounder
Old 05-13-2015, 09:52 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Nice report.
Old 05-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Nice!
Old 05-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Flounder

Cash: 780

Good report thanks
Old 05-13-2015, 03:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

Yep Marty's right. Its nice to see an actual report with a few details about how the fish were caught, which is what a report is. Most reports from the guide services are just advertisements disguised as reports. Very nice and thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post

Thank you sir!
Old 05-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,486

Haven't we been through this before? Details in reports lead to questions, which leads to a time-suck on the guide's part. Time is precious in the guiding biz. Answering questions oftentimes leads to more questions.

We'd all like to see a well-crafted report with details that answer any question themselves. It takes a trained and careful prose to pull it off. Rather than that I want my guide finding fish and/or having family time so he's not angry at the world when he actually IS guiding me. Answering 20 direct messages so as not to be rude is tedious and for many, no answer is good enough.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:16 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

I haven't seen questions being asked. If they are asked, they don't have to be answered. Both this report and one by W was a brief description of their trips which is nice.
Old 05-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshrunner757 View Post
I haven't seen questions being asked. If they are asked, they don't have to be answered. Both this report and one by W was a brief description of their trips which is nice.
Agree 100%. I think most of us are happy with a little hint at the pattern that has been working. For the ones that are expecting the exact game plan with locations...well you better pony up the $550+ and get on the books!
Old 05-14-2015, 02:37 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightwindow View Post
Haven't we been through this before? Details in reports lead to questions, which leads to a time-suck on the guide's part. Time is precious in the guiding biz. Answering questions oftentimes leads to more questions.

We'd all like to see a well-crafted report with details that answer any question themselves. It takes a trained and careful prose to pull it off. Rather than that I want my guide finding fish and/or having family time so he's not angry at the world when he actually IS guiding me. Answering 20 direct messages so as not to be rude is tedious and for many, no answer is good enough.

Is this an attempt at humor? Because if your serious I'm at a loss for words. You have to be attempting to be funny here. Next time you should try to type out the fishing report instead of trying to be funny. It takes trained and carefully crafted prose to pull off sarcasm whereas typing out a fishing report is like something you do in 5th or 6th grade after a field trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-14-2015, 05:04 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 9,671

I used to make reports and I'd get 5 messages a day when where how etc! Not to mention 6 r 7 calls a day so wake up at 4 am get done cleaning boat at 4 pm get home try to spend time w ur family and u have to sit on phone for 3 hrs... So yea I don't make reports.... Quick post pic on way home 4 advertisement only!!! The guys that book off this site normally have never commented one time on here... They just look to see who's consistent and who does what best....the teaching comes on the trip not on the Internet for10 thousand viewers

Old 05-14-2015, 05:06 AM
King Mackeral

Not to steal ur thunder buddy,,, but this was obviously directed at me... Just trying to adress it! Keep on w the reports!

Old 05-14-2015, 05:45 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post
I used to make reports and I'd get 5 messages a day when where how etc! Not to mention 6 r 7 calls a day so wake up at 4 am get done cleaning boat at 4 pm get home try to spend time w ur family and u have to sit on phone for 3 hrs... So yea I don't make reports.... Quick post pic on way home 4 advertisement only!!! The guys that book off this site normally have never commented one time on here... They just look to see who's consistent and who does what best....the teaching comes on the trip not on the Internet for10 thousand viewers

Ha. Dude you are the Mirrodine Magician. You could post coordinates and it wouldn't do anyone any good. I worked the same flock of birds with u and I couldn't buy a fish and you were putting fish in the boat every cast. I was trying to figure out if you were fishing or conducting a symphony. I post Reports but I'm not a guide. I understand it's your lively hood but it's the reports forum. And I must've missed something when I read W's because I find it all that informative

Old 05-14-2015, 05:55 AM
King Mackeral

Lol! Now see I could teach u that for 550$ lol

Old 05-14-2015, 06:05 AM
Tripletail

Oils going to have to hit 80$ a bbl before that happens. I'm just going to have to rely on W's reports until then.

Old 05-14-2015, 06:22 AM
King Mackeral

Two more months!!!!

Old 05-14-2015, 08:08 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadams View Post
Not to steal ur thunder buddy,,, but this was obviously directed at me... Just trying to adress it! Keep on w the reports!

Jared, I hope you don't think I "targeted" you when I made my comment. It was in fact a general one, but obviously, one that many agree on. There is indeed a section for guides to post/advertise. I myself take what is given in a report and add it to what I know. I don't ask any more questions (from guides) for I know this is your bread and butter. Actually a lot on the guides reports threads have ZERO replies...... no comments or questions, whats that say? I nor do I think anyone else here expects GPS locations, exact baits, time of day, tidal fall/rise, bla bla bla but I could be wrong.

It is just refreshing to read a "report" that is indeed just that, not an advertisement, not a "in your face" show boat when the average fisherman is scrapping buy with this crappy weather. I'll use a guide a few times a year. Last year was with Capt. Hoop. So far this year was with W, and no BS was thinking about contacting you later.

My apologizes if you took my post as targeting you, but it was in fact just a general post addressing the difference between an advertisement and a members report....

I guess if you still feel I singled you out, Ill be down there this weekend, if you see an Epic with T tops swing by and Ill give you a beer, or you can just throw a mullet at me and flip me the bird

Last edited by marty f; 05-14-2015 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-14-2015, 08:11 AM
King Mackeral

lol no offense taking I'll be in Texas sat fishing tourney but I'll be there sun guiding I'll take u up on that beer!