SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864
Default Concealed Carry Discssion

Let's use this thread to discuss/debate concealed carry.

I took my class last year and it was my understanding that gun free zones weren't legally stopping you from concealed carry. The only places you can't carry are in federal or state buildings. However schools/colleges are for some reason not considered state buildings so gun free zone does not even apply to this.

Also you can carry in any establishment that serves liquor.

Any feedback from anyone else on this?
Old 07-24-2015, 12:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,212

I have mine and you can carry in a place that serves liquor and food. Cant carry in bars. Gun free zones don't matter. Just like carrying at the movie theater. The theater can ask you to leave with you and your gun but you cant be arrested because there is no law against it. Just the owner of the establishment's rules.
Old 07-24-2015, 01:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Concealed carry permit holder stops shooting rampage in Portland.

Posted by Bob Owens
  • Share on Facebook 38K
  • 39K SHARES

A man denied entrance into a gentleman’s club in Portland, Oregon returned with a weapon and opened fire on a bouncer and the clientele. A bouncer who is a military veteran with a concealed carry permit pulled his own weapon and put the thug down:
Police on Sunday afternoon said they believe the gunman went in and started shooting, hitting the three victims. As he was on his way out, somebody at the bar shot him. Police are not identifying that person because they have not been charged with a crime.
A DJ who works at the club and witnessed the shooting told KATU it was another bouncer who shot the suspect.
“I know that he’s a military vet, does have a concealed weapons permit, and took matters into his own hands to save everyone else,” Ian Boynton said. “As far as we’re concerned, he’s a hero.”
The unidentified concealed carry permit holder is not facing charges, and is, of course, being ignored by the national media for being yet another “good guy with a gun” who stopped yet another bad guy with a gun.

A man stabbed two people at the Smith’s Marketplace grocery store in downtown Salt Lake City before being subdued by a bystander.
The attack took place around 5:30 p.m. in the parking lot of the store at 455 South and 500 East. According to a witness, it appears one man was stabbed in the side of the head and another was stabbed in the stomach. The exact condition of the victims is unknown, but police believe the injuries are very serious and possibly critical.
Police say a bystander with a concealed carry permit witnessed the attack and stepped in to keep it from escalating.
“(The bystander) was suspicious of what might be going on, and when he saw the stabbing, he just drew his pistol and challenged the individual,” which caused the alleged attacker to lie down on the ground, Brian Purvis with the Salt Lake City Police Department said. By the time police officers arrived on the scene, the man was subdued and is now in custody.
The attacker apparently bought the knife inside the store.

A woman whose husband was being accosted by six men in a Houston area Denny's pulled her concealed carry handgun from her purse and opened fire on the robbers.
According to Click2Houston.com, the wife was in the restroom, and when she came out she saw her husband lying on the floor, the group of robbers nearby. Police say she then "pulled her gun and shot at them."
It appears the robbers shot back and police say there was a shootout. The robbers were apparently running as they shot.
"No bystanders or customers" in the restaurant were injured, and the robbers "fled the scene."
The brother of the robbery victim praised the woman for doing what she did and said, "Self-defense saved my brothers' life."

.com

Concealed Carry Permit Holder Stops Armed Robber's Spree

By Stephen Gutowski |
AddThis Sharing

88.8K31
Shares
FacebookTwitterMore

A concealed carry permit holder and father was able to stop an armed robber's spree after he and his family were victimized. NBC 6 reports that an armed robber walked into a Miami Burger King, flashed a gun, demanded valuables, then left. Shortly afterwards the concealed carry holder fired a shot at the robber in self-defense.
The robber was able to flee the scene, but police were able to apprehend him a few blocks later and he is now in the hospital. The incident at the Burger King was precede by one in which the armed robber reportedly attacked a woman and stole her iPhone. The concealed carry permit holder will not be charged with any crime according to police.
It's impossible to know how many more people would've been victimized by this armed robber had the concealed carry permit holder not stopped him. However, this story stands as a testament to the difference responsibly armed Americans can make. This man was put in a situation where he feared for his life and he acted accordingly.
Had he not been responsibly armed this robbery spree may have continued or worse. Thankfully, due to his actions, we don't have to find out.

there are literally 1000s of these stories...............
Old 07-24-2015, 02:48 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

It was my understanding that you can't carry your weapon concealed or not if a business has a no firearms policy and it is posted at the entrances. I OC now so I don't keep up with the new CC regulations. If a business has a policy against any form of legal carry I do not spend my money with them. Kroger's is a great gun friendly store. They follow what state law is. I shop with my Glock out in the open and nobody says anything.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:03 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,352

http://www.lsp.org/handguns.html#prohibited

PROHIBITED LOCATIONS
R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) states that no concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:
A law enforcement office, station, or building;
A detention facility, prison, or jail;
A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom;
A polling place;
A meeting place of the governing authority of a political subdivision;
The state capitol building;
Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage;
Any church, synagogue, mosque or similar place of worship; See RS 40:1379.3 (U)
A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity;
Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
Any school "firearm free zone" as defined in R.S. 14:95.6.
The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:11 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post

PROHIBITED LOCATIONS
R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) states that no concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:
A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom;
A polling place;
Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage;
A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity;
Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
The provisions of R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) shall not limit the right of a property owner, lessee, or other lawful custodian to prohibit or restrict access of those persons possessing a concealed handgun pursuant to a permit issued under this Section. No individual to whom a concealed handgun permit is issued may carry such concealed handgun into the private residence of another without first receiving the consent of that person.
I see you pulled this from the LSP site but Im 99% sure this was repealed last year, so that indeed you can go into a restraint that serves alcohol and carry. Ill call a friend of mine
Old 07-24-2015, 03:13 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,862

State police told me you could as long as you don't "belly up" to the bar.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:14 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
I see you pulled this from the LSP site but Im 99% sure this was repealed last year, so that indeed you can go into a restraint that serves alcohol and carry. Ill call a friend of mine
I think that was repealed
Old 07-24-2015, 03:17 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Never owned a CC gun but just ordered one and will be getting permit in near future.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:19 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post

PROHIBITED LOCATIONS
A polling place;

LA RS 26:71.1
§71.1. Class A permit; definitions
The commissioner shall issue the following four types of Class A retail liquor permits:
(1) Class A-General:
(a) A Class A-General retail permit shall be issued only to a retail outlet where beverage alcohol is sold on the premises for consumption on the premises by paying customers. Such an establishment must be equipped with a permanent wet bar equipped with a non-movable sink and a backbar or similar equipment for public display and to inform the public of brands and flavors offered for sale.
(b) A Class A-General retail establishment shall be staffed by a bartender whose primary duty is to open and/or prepare beverage alcohol products for consumption on the premises by paying customers, or prepared with an appropriate lid or cover on the container for take out service. Such an establishment must meet all state and local zoning requirements as set forth by the state and by parishes and municipalities where a Class A-General retail outlet is located.
(c) Repealed by Acts 1995, No. 1016, §2.
(d) A Class A-General retail permit shall be issued only to an establishment where the state law provides that no person under the age of eighteen years is allowed on the premises except as provided in R.S. 26:90(A)(8)(a).

Referring to a BAR..........
Old 07-24-2015, 03:34 PM
Sailfish

OC. As far as I'm aware there are no laws regulating OC and alcohol. The state constitution states that only CC of a firearm can be regulated.
No I'm not advocating going around drunk and packing.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

I think(not sure) that the establishment must make most of its money off of the sale of alcohol. If its a restaurant etc. it's ok to CC. If its a bar, no.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
I think(not sure) that the establishment must make most of its money off of the sale of alcohol. If its a restaurant etc. it's ok to CC. If its a bar, no.
Last I heard it was like a 70/30 ratio as far as food to alcohol sales. May be different now.
Old 07-24-2015, 04:49 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Last I heard it was like a 70/30 ratio as far as food to alcohol sales. May be different now.
I don't remember the ratio but pretty sure that if its a eating establishment that serves alcohol it's ok to CC. I know that I do. Now, if you are drinking that may be a different story.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:32 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Seems blurry to me, carry where you will and stop something if you can, and I bet nobody bats an eye at whether you shouldn't be carrying there.

Kill or injures an innocent bystander with an off shot in one of those grey areas and I'll bet you get a legal anvil dropped on you along with the gun supporting community.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:55 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

all yall guys packin all that heat all the time....please be careful. true story....I was on te specks @ the beach real real good for a couple evenngs. Told a co-worker to meet me down there the next morning. I got a super early start and just made a wade in the dark before he showed up. He shows up and its still a little dark....but he doesnt get out of his tuck. I fish for a while, then decide to walk over and see whats up. as I get close to his still running truck, I see that he's sleeping......being a jokester, I decide to scare ole boy. so I crawl over and jump up and beat on the window.....in a blink of and eye, dude is awake and has a 45 auto pointed at my face with his finger on the trigger. it was just a joke that coulda ended waaaay differently. just please be careful.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:12 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
all yall guys packin all that heat all the time....please be careful. true story....I was on te specks @ the beach real real good for a couple evenngs. Told a co-worker to meet me down there the next morning. I got a super early start and just made a wade in the dark before he showed up. He shows up and its still a little dark....but he doesnt get out of his tuck. I fish for a while, then decide to walk over and see whats up. as I get close to his still running truck, I see that he's sleeping......being a jokester, I decide to scare ole boy. so I crawl over and jump up and beat on the window.....in a blink of and eye, dude is awake and has a 45 auto pointed at my face with his finger on the trigger. it was just a joke that coulda ended waaaay differently. just please be careful.
I don't do pracital jokes. I escalate things fast. Who would have guessed? Glad ole boy didn't squeeze of a round crabs. Never mess with an armed sleeping person. You never know what world they wake up in.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:45 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
I don't do pracital jokes. I escalate things fast. Who would have guessed? Glad ole boy didn't squeeze of a round crabs. Never mess with an armed sleeping person. You never know what world they wake up in.
Yeah. I agree. I had no idea he had a gun? we were both really freaked out about it.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:04 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Yeah. I agree. I had no idea he had a gun? we were both really freaked out about it.
Glad you still around bro. Could have got bad real fast.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:37 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Ive almost shot my friends wife one night at 3am.......... this is where your training comes into play. Just because some weekend course allows you to carry a gun dosent me you have the abilty to properly carry one.

PLEASE PLEASE if anyone here is thinking about getting a CCP please take a REAL course, and then continue to retrain. I have an exstinsive back ground in the subject, with well over 30+ years, and i just signed up for yet another course.

Heres the real deal, YOU ARE TAKING SOMEONES LIFE. You dont want to make a mistake. Whether your in the right or in the wrong you life will change, Ive seen it first hand how it affects people.