SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-15-2016, 06:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357
Default Uverse AT&T

Anyone use this? Any info?
Old 01-15-2016, 06:33 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,112

I have it. It may be slower than some other options, but it works fine for what my family and I use it for. We have directv and uverse bundled.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:36 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,127

Send me a message if you need to know anything about it. I can tell you anything you need to know about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2016, 07:59 PM
Redfish

Cash: 816

I got it about 6 months ago. Not extremely fast but it's good, reliable and relatively cheap. I'm satisfied with it

Old 01-15-2016, 08:56 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Not all "U-Verse's" are the same. In some cases, ATT says you have Uverse regarding your internet which is nothing much different than DSL but it doesn't include your TV source and that is why they sell you DirecTV for that. "True UVerse" consists of both internet and TV and phone connections with blazing fast speed cuz most of it is fiber rather than copper connections. Not available in many areas in La. right now.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:41 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,357

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 01-26-2016, 02:21 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,967

Yea,I been thinking about getting u-verse,it became available in our area about a year ago and it's fiber.

Old 01-27-2016, 03:34 AM
Flounder

Cash: 608

I have it. I have TV and net and it's fast!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 01-27-2016, 10:00 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

I had it for years, then they called me and said they had this new super fast internet available for a small fee. They claimed I could go from 3 g speed to 6g. I fell for it. A week later I clocked the connection at 2.26g???? They sent a tech out spent 2 hours checking everything, no problem. The next week they sent another tech out, he claimed it was the wire from their box into my house, we changed all that, no change. They finally called me and said I was too far from the source and could not get any faster. I switched to cable internet and am currently running 60g speed. IF you get UVerse, make sure you clock your connection speed to assure you are getting what you are paying for.
Old 01-27-2016, 12:58 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 571

Marsh,
Let me ask a question. Do you like to watch anything from youtube or any of those types of websites? If the answer is yes, then you better look into several options. I have it, just recently installed and it is slowwwwww. I had Comcast that was blazing fast speeds and this is at the other end of the spectrum. Find someone who has that lives close to you. Go to a website called speedtest.net and see what speeds they are getting. Go to someone who has any other carrier and compare.
Old 01-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by plumber69 View Post
Marsh,
Let me ask a question. Do you like to watch anything from youtube or any of those types of websites? If the answer is yes, then you better look into several options. I have it, just recently installed and it is slowwwwww. I had Comcast that was blazing fast speeds and this is at the other end of the spectrum. Find someone who has that lives close to you. Go to a website called speedtest.net and see what speeds they are getting. Go to someone who has any other carrier and compare.
Ditto that. I have Roku's in every room. UVerse would buffer constantly, that's why I jumped at the chance to buy a higher speed, they failed. Of course they would have been perfectly happy to keep charging for "high speed" without providing it. I saw no difference because there was no difference. Go cable, light years ahead of UVerse.