SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 03-01-2016, 07:53 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 2,156
Smokin Rock n Roll 3/1/16

Rollover Parking Lot - Zero boat trailers

Rockefeller Parking Lot @ noon today 40 boat trailers

Today was the first day they opened much of the West Side. At least 20 boats were in one canal. Of those 20 boats, roughly 15 were trolling with their outboards for Garfish..ahhhh !!! I tried to fish for trout....too much commotion, boats motoring by me every minute or 2. I've never seen it soooo busy. So I got away from the crowds, and caught 3 fish. Still no Spec's. The attached pic shows a Trophy Redfish :-) Trophy headed for the grill, Ms. Redfish on the 1/2 shell baby. The bite seemed to die around 2:30-3:00. When I loaded my boat at 5:00, I was the only one in the parking lot. As usual, I was trying to coax several more fish to bite.

Ohhhhh .... Ohhhhhh , the mosquito's have arrived by the millions. Be prepared.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1040.jpg (70.0 KB, 771 views)

Last edited by Jrchip1; 03-01-2016 at 08:11 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:43 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074

Evidently there's a group of a$$hats who do that every year when the Bertrand opens. It really blows because the canals been closed for 4 months and I know its got to be loaded with trout and reds and the second it opens there are 400 boats dragging treble hooks trying to snag garfish. I've gone 3 times on March 1st and it was the same thing every time. Doesn't matter what day of the week it is they will be there. 80% of them are from St. Landry Parish and its usually the only day a year they use their boats. I have seen a fist fight break out, a pregnant lady go into labor, 2 fires, and at least 4 of them run out of gas. One of their motors caught on fire once and another time someone was barbecuing and kicked over the pit. One year it poured down rain and just about everyones boat was sinking because none had functioning bilge pumps and they didn't have the sense to bail or to pull the plugs and get on step. Everyone has a right to be out there I guess but it sure puts a damper on anyone hoping to catch a fish with a rod and reel.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:51 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

HAHAHA... That's way I go to the East... Awesome fishing there.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:34 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
Evidently there's a group of a$$hats who do that every year when the Bertrand opens. It really blows because the canals been closed for 4 months and I know its got to be loaded with trout and reds and the second it opens there are 400 boats dragging treble hooks trying to snag garfish. I've gone 3 times on March 1st and it was the same thing every time. Doesn't matter what day of the week it is they will be there. 80% of them are from St. Landry Parish and its usually the only day a year they use their boats. I have seen a fist fight break out, a pregnant lady go into labor, 2 fires, and at least 4 of them run out of gas. One of their motors caught on fire once and another time someone was barbecuing and kicked over the pit. One year it poured down rain and just about everyones boat was sinking because none had functioning bilge pumps and they didn't have the sense to bail or to pull the plugs and get on step. Everyone has a right to be out there I guess but it sure puts a damper on anyone hoping to catch a fish with a rod and reel.
Lemme guess, all democrats?
Old 03-04-2016, 01:53 PM
Flounder

Cash: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post

Yeah. I was there on Mar 1st. The boat traffic was terrible. We managed to find a few.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.1.16.jpg (107.1 KB, 374 views)
File Type: jpg 3.1.16.v2.jpg (41.5 KB, 374 views)
Old 03-05-2016, 02:27 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggun View Post
HAHAHA... That's why I go to the East... Awesome fishing there.
Thanks Marque, Cajun Bill, Shoepick for you observations.

Biggun, I have no reports since December, of the East Side of the Rock. I agree there is less pressure there, and I prefer crabbing there also. I have hammered Specs there a couple times over the years, but have difficulty locating them. I think the Specs reside there year round because of their darker coloration, but not sure. Reds are abundant almost always, once you pattern their feeding attack strategies and hotspots.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:19 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 720
Default Rock

Fished Pecan Island Friday afternoon, hooked one needle nose gar fish and that was it. Fished Joesph Harbor Saturday managed a few reds, terribly slow. Garfish trollers where out in force at the Bertrand canal. It had some entertainment value though!
Old 03-06-2016, 09:24 PM
Trophy Trout

Default Garfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Let um land View Post
Garfish trollers where out in force at the Bertrand canal. It had some entertainment value though!
I actually had this vision of one of those zig-zagging garfish trolling boats, dragging a line of 13/0 treble hooks over my anchored boat and snagging my derriere.