SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 01-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829
Cheers The Power of a Report

I think we need to explain the power of a fishing report! Goods and bad of internet reports!
1. A report is not to give away your spots are locations where you caught fish! If you give that info away that's hurting you!
2. Post a report with minimal but informational details...
a) Water
b) Tide
C) Slow or fast bite
D) early or late bite
3. A report is for you to know a little but not a lot! If you read a report in the paper of magazine its old news!! If a guide gives that report I promise you will never see him or his boat there! Its about how to help but not give!

I have received phone calls and emails about reports! I for one never give any info about where I caught my fish! Nor do I give any info to others but a select few! Trout move day in day out and year to year!!! I have guys tell me to stop posting reports because it brings people.... I had guys ask to pull post because of the size of trout being caught..... Big Lake are any other fishing is no secret...

I have been ask to not post wading pics...but yet there are pics of our locals with trout wading pic on Big Lake all over Texas websites?????( )

use a report for what it is a report! It will not give you GPS spots....but will let you know what to look for in a bite.....

I hope this clears up some views and issuses with some guys
Old 01-07-2010, 07:01 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

I have received phone calls and emails about reports! I for one never give any info about where I caught my fish! Nor do I give any info to others but a select few! Trout move day in day out and year to year!!! I have guys tell me to stop posting reports because it brings people.... I had guys ask to pull post because of the size of trout being caught..... Big Lake are any other fishing is no secret...

So guys, never take W's word for a fishing report as to where he caught fish...even if you might be a "select" few!
Old 01-07-2010, 07:02 PM
Ling

Cash: 562

sooooo, can i post that pic of my dink trout i caught in the porpoise with the bank behind me???
Old 01-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I fished with W. We fished 18 of his top secret spots before we caught fish.

So,there are no special spots that will hold fish, or biting fish, at any time.
You have to move around till you find them. You also have to change lures
until you find what they bite on, but I don't think you have to change lures
every other cast. I chunk the same lure over and over till them trout get
tired of it and hit it just to get it away from them.

Don't slam ice chest lids or hatch covers. Don't drop rods into rod holders,
don't jump down from the decks to the floor of the boat, step down quietly
don't play music and turn off any VHF radios. Noise transmits thru your hull
very easily into the water.
Raise the motor, drop the trolling motor and troll till you get close, then let
the winds or current push you across the area you are fishing. Trout can be
spooked with noise, Reds are not so spooky.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Banned

The problem is when the texans find out they are biting, people already know the spots, the lake is small.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
The problem is when the texans find out they are biting, people already know the spots, the lake is small.
Well when you have guys wading holding 8-10lb trout with words like big lakes on fire on Texas boards......HUMMMMM ..

its not us that are bring them its guys posting on there sites for business....Which hey that's fine to make your living but don't email me crying when we have reports on big lake all over Texas sites....
Old 01-07-2010, 07:40 PM
Banned

Why does w deserve to post reports like total destruction, armageddon!!!!

Lmao
Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Ling

Quote:
i agree, to a point though. there are tons of spots,holes,whatever ya callem.but,wadin is in my opinion the best way ta pull a hawg outta the lake.stealth is the word.thats where i agree with ya bruce:there are only so many spots thatll letcha wade with hopes of a true trophy.on the other hand,there are wayyyyy too many spots for texans or anyone else ta just come over and dessimate the trout.unless the read reports and other guys give up spots and guides take these guys and these guys bring their guys and so on.the lake is small enough ta run across all day but also small enuf ta get real crowded by "foreign" boats also.just my two cents
Old 01-07-2010, 07:45 PM
Ling

Quote:
Why does w deserve to post reports like total destruction, armageddon!!!!

Lmao
thats the truth!! in all honesty, ive actually cut down on my postin cus of all the pm and emails as to when and where i caught fish.too much of a hassle.i much rather read about jordan chasin shrimp boats
Old 01-07-2010, 08:07 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,604

Quote:
I guarantee you that on "any given sunday" that at least 25% of boaters on big lake are texans. I say at least, very conservatively... Heck the current cover of the texas saltwater fishing magazine is of a big trout caught on big lake. It's no secret when their biting anywhere... Like if you really want a giant trout come to texas right now. they were catching hogs just yesterday in galveston and have been catching huge trout in matagorda recently.

From my little bit of experience texans are not the problem, it's all the chasers who are inconsiderate of others. I have fished hot holes on Sabine on several occasions with probably 50 boats and have had no problems whatsover. People practically singing kumbaya...

But I definitely agree that for the most part the spots are known.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I think we need to explain the power of a fishing report! Goods and bad of internet reports!
1. A report is not to give away your spots are locations where you caught fish! If you give that info away that's hurting you!
2. Post a report with minimal but informational details...
a) Water
b) Tide
C) Slow or fast bite
D) early or late bite
3. A report is for you to know a little but not a lot! If you read a report in the paper of magazine its old news!! If a guide gives that report I promise you will never see him or his boat there! Its about how to help but not give!

I have received phone calls and emails about reports! I for one never give any info about where I caught my fish! Nor do I give any info to others but a select few! Trout move day in day out and year to year!!! I have guys tell me to stop posting reports because it brings people....of the size of trout being I had guys ask to pull post because caught..... Big Lake are any other fishing is no secret...

I have been ask to not post wading pics...but yet there are pics of our locals with trout wading pic on Big Lake all over Texas websites?????( )

use a report for what it is a report! It will not give you GPS spots....but will let you know what to look for in a bite.....

I hope this clears up some views and issuses with some guys
You must be talking about someone else! Just joking......To me you really cannot put too much stock into reports since 1/2 of them are lies anyway!