SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 680
Default BillyStix work has arrived!

Thanks Stix, it looks great. I think it'll give me an edge March 13th. We'll have to wait and see. Here's a pic of Blue and Green Spiral.
If anyone is afraid the new rod may get damaged in shipping let me reasure you, It aint happenen. PVC tube, Plastic wrap and News Paper. I'm gonna save the tube so when I travel it will keep the rod safe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg yoyo's 021.jpg (39.1 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg yoyo's 023.jpg (24.5 KB, 114 views)
Old 01-25-2010, 09:17 PM

Cash: 376

dont forget about about the half role of tape !
sweet lookin stix !
Old 01-25-2010, 09:18 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

just talked to billy hopefully mine will be coming soon!
Old 01-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

[QUOTE=QUACKHEAD;106256]Thanks Stix, it looks great. I think it'll give me an edge March 13th. We'll have to wait and see.QUOTE]

If it will give you an edge, I will kick your azz cuz I will have 4 or 5 Stix rods in my boat that day.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:46 PM
*****Cajun *******

Cash: 662

i will start on yours tomorrow dude.
and i will finish it up on wed, the decal work is a pain trying to get that done, it looks like i need to put a gun to thier heads
stix
thats a nice looking stix there dude wait until you start tosing them baits with it, and even better when you get a fish on thats even better, i bought a bunch of american viper blanks in black that blank has an incredible ligth tip but it has arss i was just messinn around with some that came in today and i truly believe the more i build on that blank the better i like it i know ray and mayyard have this same blank only it's blue but it's the same blank just not colored and a lot less costly, i can build these right and put titanium guides on for you.
while i am on the subject of my rods, you guys do relize that most custom rod builders get an average of $175 per rod more than i charge and i am not getting my fair share of the mkt.
when they can build a generic rod and call it custom and charge $475 and then want to upgrade to titanium guides for more $$ and folks buy it just blows my mind when i am sitting here building american made viper blanks with #1 cork grips not utility cork but #1 grade and then put titanium guides on at the regular rod cost of $210 to $225 look at the numbers and you are getting a top of the line built rod that works just as i say it works no ***** footinn around i should be building these things like crazy but for the life of me i cant figure out how to get my point across service, quality, price and good looks what more can i do, somebody please explain to me what i am doing wrong. everyone that gets a stix is totally happy ith the spiral but yet folks will go to the sporting goods store and buy a $150 castaway and have it break almost right away, i am totally baffled.but have no fears i shall not stop trying
stix
stix
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inew molly====SENSITIVE STIX.jpg (19.1 KB, 98 views)
Old 01-25-2010, 09:52 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,188

thanks billy! I can't wait.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:00 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 680

Ray, I guess I'm not as ambidextrious as you are, I can only fish with one rod at a time. I could probley cast two but the reeling them in I believe would cramp my toes something awful.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:00 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 843

My wife said mine came in yesterday too. I cant wait to get home and see it!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUACKHEAD View Post
Ray, I guess I'm not as ambidextrious as you are, I can only fish with one rod at a time. I could probley cast two but the reeling them in I believe would cramp my toes something awful.
I wil be fishing off the dock at Calcasieu Point, 5 rods, on the bottom with dead shrimp on 4 rods and cork fishing with the 5th.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUACKHEAD View Post
Thanks Stix, it looks great. I think it'll give me an edge March 13th. We'll have to wait and see. Here's a pic of Blue and Green Spiral.
If anyone is afraid the new rod may get damaged in shipping let me reasure you, It aint happenen. PVC tube, Plastic wrap and News Paper. I'm gonna save the tube so when I travel it will keep the rod safe.

Cool man..............put a big reel on that and lets troll!!!!!