SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Pool Boy's Avatar
Pool Boy Pool Boy is offline
Flounder
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Covington, LA
Posts: 65
Cash: 655
Brew Corky????

Have recently heard people talking about the Corky. Is this supposed to be a "go to" bait for the Big Lake area?

Looking to try it out, both the lure and the Big Lake....what are the best color/colors for fishing March and April, as that seems to be the time that I will make it to fish.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-08-2010, 05:48 PM
cmdrost's Avatar
cmdrost cmdrost is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lake Charles via Choupique Bayou
Posts: 1,665
Cash: 863
Default

no....rumors and speculation from the internet.

Topwater or sandeels is all you need for Big Lake.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-08-2010, 06:04 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrost View Post
no....rumors and speculation from the internet.

Topwater or sandeels is all you need for Big Lake.


x2...spook and sand eels=instant fish
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Ray's Avatar
Ray Ray is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: House
Posts: 10,432
Cash: 1,217
Default

I thought the Bomber Long A was "The Lure" for Big Lake...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-08-2010, 07:20 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I thought the Bomber Long A was "The Lure" for Big Lake...
Depend's on who's boat your in...


If in yours,W's, or speckdaddy's boat, number one bait is shrimp or mullet
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Salty's Avatar
Salty Salty is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 25,447
Cash: 3,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I thought the Bomber Long A was "The Lure" for Big Lake...

Shhhhhhhhhhhh....it's a secret.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pool Boy View Post
Have recently heard people talking about the Corky. Is this supposed to be a "go to" bait for the Big Lake area?

Looking to try it out, both the lure and the Big Lake....what are the best color/colors for fishing March and April, as that seems to be the time that I will make it to fish.

Corky is by no means a go to bait............ What is going to be funny is Corkys will hit Academy and sell out in record numbers and then the craze will hault...........It takes too much time and slow fishing for someone looking to load fish............

Most guys who can only fish a few times a month will not have much luck with corky fishing.........

You want to produce fish use Sand Eels or other soft plastic...........

Corkys will be like WHO DAT shirts...........Sell fast and furious to only collect dust for the next 40 years
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:14 PM
all star rod's Avatar
all star rod all star rod is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In BRUH's HEAD
Posts: 20,577
Cash: 17,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Corky is by no means a go to bait............ What is going to be funny is Corkys will hit Academy and sell out in record numbers and then the craze will hault...........It takes too much time and slow fishing for someone looking to load fish............

Most guys who can only fish a few times a month will not have much luck with corky fishing.........

You want to produce fish use Sand Eels or other soft plastic...........

Corkys will be like those PURPLE-n-Gold shirts...........Sell fast and furious to only collect dust for the next 40 years

I agree with you 110%!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:09 PM
exspeck big specks's Avatar
exspeck big specks exspeck big specks is offline
Redfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lake Charles
Posts: 183
Cash: 736
Default

Really hard bait to fish, patience is the biggest secret to slow soft twitching baits, catch 2000's and top dogs had this same outrage on big lake years ago and they flutered out. Sand eel's, bull minnow's , and gulp's will put the most fish in the boat.. No doubt
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:23 PM
LaAngler LaAngler is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 6,199
Default

i've had days where i twitched a corky from dawk till dusk with maybe one little bump. if that's sounds like fun corkys are for you.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:44 PM
eman eman is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 6,033
Cash: 556
Default Hmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
i've had days where i twitched a corky from dawk till dusk with maybe one little bump. if that's sounds like fun corkys are for you.
Yep, But that one little bump could turn out to be troutzilla
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Yep, But that one little bump could turn out to be troutzilla

Im with bruce on that, I;ve thrown a corky numerous times, and its the most boringest fishing i've done. I rather throw a topwater even though i know it's not the best time for topwater, only b/c corkys are boring. But there is the days when i'm confident in my corky and will throw it the whole day
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:49 PM
"W"'s Avatar
"W" "W" is offline
Catch fish in DA face!!
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Big Lake LA
Posts: 32,974
Cash: 7,829
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Yep, But that one little bump could turn out to be troutzilla

but thats why this bait is not a popular bait to guys who spend little time on water.............who that fishes only a few times a month wants to fish all day for one trout and thats if he gets one.......I know guys who fished corky all day and nothing when I stoked them out of my boat and back by 8am
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:56 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
but thats why this bait is not a popular bait to guys who spend little time on water.............who that fishes only a few times a month wants to fish all day for one trout and thats if he gets one.......I know guys who fished corky all day and nothing when I stoked them out of my boat and back by 8am




I rember those 2 days you limited out 2 days in a row, and we waded throwing corkies only catching 10 trout (dinks) one day and nothing the next
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02-08-2010, 10:02 PM
Salty's Avatar
Salty Salty is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 25,447
Cash: 3,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
but thats why this bait is not a popular bait to guys who spend little time on water.............who that fishes only a few times a month wants to fish all day for one trout and thats if he gets one.......I know guys who fished corky all day and nothing when I stoked them out of my boat and back by 8am with a limit of trout that were barely legal
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02-08-2010, 10:03 PM
Salty's Avatar
Salty Salty is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 25,447
Cash: 3,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Im with bruce on that, I;ve thrown a corky numerous times, and its the most boringest fishing i've done. I rather throw a topwater even though i know it's not the best time for topwater, only b/c corkys are boring. But there is the days when i'm confident in my corky and will throw it the whole day

You say the same thing about a Bomber.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM
LaAngler LaAngler is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 6,199
Default

i just don't get off to catching 13 inch trout, i did that for years on the dock under the light.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02-08-2010, 10:06 PM
huntin fool's Avatar
huntin fool huntin fool is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 11,203
Cash: 1,902
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
You say the same thing about a Bomber.

it aint as slow as a corky
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 02-08-2010, 10:08 PM
Salty's Avatar
Salty Salty is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 25,447
Cash: 3,391
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
it aint as slow as a corky
But, if fished right, just as effective.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 02-08-2010, 10:09 PM
LaAngler LaAngler is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 6,199
Default

some days more so, others, not so much
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map