SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #11  
Old 04-01-2014, 11:09 AM
Salty's Avatar
Salty Salty is offline
Great White
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: LA
Posts: 25,447
Cash: 3,491
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
I understand completely and was in no way coming down on you, or your clinic old friend. Just wanted to show the contrast of what I see. Unfortunately, we have a couple of big chain pharmacies that refuse to report to the system tracking narcotic Rx scripts as required, thus making it impossible to stop the abuse.
Bryan, a few years ago (5-6), this area was overrun with this kinda stuff. I remember one place in particular right here in Bogalusa. I'd be headed to work at 6-6:30 in the morning and people would be lined up at this one door. I thought it was a food stamp office or the like. Turned out it was a pain clinic. Back then they were not called "pain management" because they provided no such service. There were a couple more here, but, they've all been dismantled. There are no "pain management" clinics...to my knowledge.

One other thing about the legit clinics.....most of them don't even accept cash/checks. If you were paying your own way (w/o insurance), I don't know how they do that, or, if they even do. I know mine doesn't.

This is not an attempt of mine to justify the fact that I take pain meds (almost) daily. Millions of people suffer from chronic back pain and, for them, pain management is (almost) a must. It's intended to help the patients cope with their pain...not to gain a continuous "buzz".
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:47 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map