SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 04-16-2014, 06:01 PM
duckman1911's Avatar
duckman1911 duckman1911 is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otis
Posts: 4,194
Cash: 5,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
sorry to hear it but that's why smart contractors NEVER want to put laminate or other wood flooring in kitchens unless the customer insists on it because water spills happen weather from the sinks or refrigerators or if you just drop the soup or gumbo pot, treat it like a bathroom and put a waterproof floor in there like vinyl or tile.

I would caution against that cushy foam vinyl flooring because it will tear easy due to the cushy foam aspect.
I despise vinyl flooring. Not sure why but I do. Thought about ceramic tile like I have done in other rooms but stuff gets dropped. Cast iron and tile dont mix well when they meet. Going back with laminate. If it lasts 8/10 years I'll be happy. Will prolly be ready for a different color by then. Just hope its a planned project the next time.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map