SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes)

The Roux (Cooking/BBQ/Recipes) What good is a cajun site without a cooking and recipe forum?

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #7  
Old 04-28-2016, 01:34 PM
duckman1911's Avatar
duckman1911 duckman1911 is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otis
Posts: 4,194
Cash: 5,293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by latravcha View Post
Tuna is all about keeping it rare. I cook a 1" thick steak about 45 seconds on each side on medium high heat. If I cook it on the grill i cook it on foil. All you want to do is sear it. For seasoning I either use salt and pepper or i melt some butter and blend with garlic, lime juice, salt, and pepper and inject the steak and pour the extra on top when I'm searing the tuna.
Will have to try the lime juice. Good acid kick. I like fresh cut rosemary on baked ore grilled fish. If you don't want the rosemary on the fish you can saute a fresh sprig in the butter/olive oil to draw out the oils then discard the rosemary sprig.
Reply With Quote
 

Bookmarks


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:55 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map